The earth’s environment is under severe stress from uncontrolled human activity, threatening the survival of our society and the performance of Nerion Athletics’ mission.
Nerion Athletics accepts that it must work to preserve the environmental sustainability of the planet, at all levels of its operations – in its practice, as a participant in a community of practice, and as a participant in the European social discourse.
Nerion Athletics aspires to minimise its impact on our environment and maximise the effective use of resources. We strive to achieve this by increasing communication and awareness of our efforts following this policy and fostering responsible environmental behaviour amongst staff, volunteers, and users at all levels.
Nerion Athletics is committed not only to complying with applicable law in all its operations but to minimise risks and impacts through the development of robust and documented systems to implement, measure, monitor, and disseminate excellent environmental performance both within its operations and to the broader community.
This Environmental Sustainability Policy aims to integrate a philosophy of sustainable development into all the organisation’s activities and to establish and promote sound environmental practice in our operations.
Nerion Athletics commits itself to minimise its impact on our environment through:
- Providing a safe and healthful workplace.
- Having an environmentally sustainable aware culture, where responsibility is assigned and understood.
- Being an environmentally responsible neighbour in our community.
- Conserving natural resources by reusing and recycling.
- Using, in our operations, processes that do not adversely affect the environment.
- Ensuring the responsible use of energy throughout the organisation.
- Participating in efforts to improve environmental protection and understanding.
- Taking steps to improve environmental performance continually.
- Conducting rigorous audits, evaluations, and self-assessments of the implementation of this policy.
- Working with suppliers who promote sound environmental practices; and
- Enhancing awareness among our employees, volunteers, and users – educating and motivating them to act in an environmentally responsible manner.
It shall be the responsibility of the Board to establish and maintain policies and procedures and to bring these procedures into effect.
It shall be the responsibility of the CEO to ensure the implementation of these policies and procedures.
- Nerion Athletics will develop guidelines for staff, volunteers, and users to adopt sound environmental work practices, and adequate training will be provided to ensure these practices are carried out.
- Nerion Athletics will act responsibly to correct incidents or conditions that endanger health, safety, or the environment. It will promptly report any such incidents to the relevant authorities and inform affected parties as appropriate.
- Nerion Athletics will use reasonable endeavours to reuse and recycle materials, purchase recycled materials, and use recyclable packaging and other materials.
- Nerion Athletics will use all reasonable endeavours to that its services and products are safe, efficient in their use of energy, protective of the environment, and able to be reused, recycled, or disposed of safely.
- Nerion Athletics will use all reasonable endeavours to minimise materials and energy use, prevent air, water, and other pollution, and dispose of waste safely and responsibly.
- Nerion Athletics will use all reasonable endeavours to conserve energy by improving energy efficiency and giving preference to renewable over non-renewable energy sources when feasible.
- Nerion Athletics will use reasonable endeavours to utilise its knowledge and experience to contribute to environmentally sustainable techniques, technology, knowledge, and methods.
- Nerion Athletics will use all reasonable endeavours to contribute to the maintenance and increase of biodiversity through the management of its landholdings.
- Nerion Athletics will use all reasonable endeavours to meet or exceed all applicable government requirements and voluntary requirements generally observed in its field, and will, also, adhere to the more stringent requirements of its environmental policy.
- To continually improve its environmental management system Nerion Athletics will use reasonable endeavours to conduct audits and self-assessment of its compliance with this policy.
- Nerion Athletics will maintain an open and honest dialogue with staff, volunteers, stakeholders, and the public about the environmental, health and safety performance of its operations and services.
- Nerion Athletics will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that every employee, volunteer, and contractor is informed of and expected to follow this policy and to report any environmental, health, or safety concern to management so that prompt action may be taken.